Saturday, December 6, 2008

What to call it...

What a fun challenge! I just finished this quilt... you can see basic directions and help name it here: http://www.quiltingsisters.blogspot.com/. My daughter is hoping her name wins! I've got lots of black and white fabric, so I love seeing all the ideas on this blog....




I used a white sashing - but the colors on my picture didn't turn out very well... It is a bright, cheery quilt!

The back is made with 6 different fabrics in 12 " widths. Quilting is a simple stipple pattern.

11 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

wow...i really like this quilt! and i love the back! nice job...=)

Unknown said...

I really love this one! The last one I made had lime green in it! You can see it on my post called "A Little Inspiration" in November. I love the lime green!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Lovely use of the fabrics.

Kritta22 said...

Beautiful!

Anina said...

It's very, very pretty!

Shari said...

This is a contemporary quilt with a classic feel. Well done!

jenifer said...

you're amazing... what a cute quilt... i just want to sing when i see it... "put the lime in the coconut"...great job!

Shanna said...

I love that green with the black and white!! It is so pretty!! Great job :o)

henny said...

Very pretty!!

Nanette Merrill said...

That is a really cute quilt. Really cute.

Cathy Holt said...

What a fascinating black n white with touch of green quilt! I should try that pattern with challenge of using black, white and RED. My sister in law wanting a quilt in that color.... thanks for some ideas!