Friday, December 12, 2008

Started digging out my black and white fabrics and so far have found these.


I made these little star blocks earlier in the year and have about a dozen of them done so far. They are very small blocks made with .75" diamonds for the stars. There are more ready to stitch, so I think this will be the first thing made for the challenge.


The Jane Austen quilt in black and white with a splash of ?? -- maybe red -- is something that keeps going through my mind. I'd love to make that quilt in a variety of colourways, but a black and white one has really captured my imagination. Now to find a black and white large floral for the centre medallion.



quiltobsession

8 comments:

Kritta22 said...

What happy little stars!

Unknown said...

Love these blocks! Red would be awesome! Welcome aboard!

Shari said...

Love the little star blocks. A black and white Dear Jane? Are you insane... but it would look fantastic!

Cathi said...

No way would I do a Jane Stickle quilt. The Jane Austen quilt is composed of diamonds -- lots and lots of wonderful diamonds. Still thinking on it. :-)

Desiree said...

Is there a place with a picture of a Jane Austen quilt? Maybe I can find one in a search. I have always wanted to do a Baby Jane, just picking blocks out of the original dear Jane that speak to me. But I want to do mine all in shades of red or blue on cream background.

Maggie A said...

WOW, don't they look great!!!!

Cathi said...

You can see a couple of pictures of the original Jane Austen quilt at http://www.jasa.net.au/quilt.htm

Nanette Merrill said...

I love the drama of the black and white in this Cathi.