Monday, December 22, 2008

Snowflakes are White . . .


I've pulled the fabrics for my first challenge quilt ~ black and white with reds ~ which will be started in January. There will be two others, each based on a different 'pattern' ~ one b&w with a glorious blue and one b&w with fuschia. But for now, until the stitching begins in earnest, I will share this amazing ornament that my husband made for me (he's a woodturner). Turned from a chunk from a box elder log, the hollow sphere measures 3.5" at the widest and 2.75" tall. With the ribbon hanger, it weighs a mere 8.8 grams (that's 3/10ths of an ounce) ~ truly amazing!

Blessings to all during this busy, busy time of year ~

Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is beautiful!

Carla said...

So beautiful! Would love to see it larger to see the detail.

Purple and Paisley said...

oh my, what a gorgeous ornament! and a very talented hubby! ☺

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Shari said...

Wow. That is just so intricate and incredible...

Leah said...

what an incredible workmanship! thanks for sharing the beautiful ornament. happy christmas!

Marianne said...

Wow! What a craftsman!