Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A miniature black and white


I am so excited to be included in this challenge. My favorite colors are red, black and white and I've made quilts in these colors all my life. I look forward to trying to branch out and use black and white with other colors! : )

This is my first attempt at a project for this challenge, though I hope to make a bed-sized quilt before it's over!
I've always wanted to make a miniature quilt but have always been nervous about all those little pieces. Well, in an effort to add stress to the holidays I have ignored all else for the day and made a little miniature quilt. When I laid it out my first thought was "Wow, that's a LOT of orange for one quilt."
The little friendship star blocks are 3" and the whole thing measures 14.5"x22". I am playing with the idea of another border but haven't added anything else.

I've yet to quilt it but hopefully will do that tomorrow and not have this end up a UFO. I don't know what I'll do with it after that, since I'm not a real big orange person.

9 comments:

Carla said...

It's beautiful! My, it looks like it would be big! I couldn't have done something that small with so many pieces!

Browndirtcottage said...

well...hello....I LIKE IT!!.....this picture here doesn't make it look that orange...in fact at first i thought it was red...a really nice design...

Shari said...

I love this little quilt! I didn't realize the orange had sheep until I read your labels - too funny! I'm sure you could find a home for it somewhere....

Shari said...

PS I love that you called it "Sheep on Safari" - how could you not just love this!!! If you really don't like that orange fabric I'd be happy to take it off your hands...

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

LOVE IT!!!

Purple and Paisley said...

wow - it's beautiful! great job! ☺

Unknown said...

I love your miniature quilt! I have chosen orange as my third color. I think that it really adds a little punch to the B & W. Great job! Can't wait to see your bed quilt and welcome aboard!!

Rhonda said...

What a striking quilt. It looks great. Good for you!

Kritta22 said...

You could have a giveaway on your blog!! I love this quilt!