I had this much done in a relatively short period of time. Each of the strips are 20" long and 4" wide. I used Osnanburg instead of batting to keep the bulk down and there is muslin on the back.
But then I was stuck. I couldn't figure out where to go next! The directions just weren't making any sense to me. I even took the project to Bee this morning to see if I could get any help. I didn't feel too bad since none of my very knowledgeable Bee-mates could make heads or tails out of the pattern either. I came home and took a nap and finally it came to me. I had to repeat the center square configuration at the other end. This is what you get:
Once you sew the side seams together, turn it inside out and tuck one end into the other, you get a cute bag. I still have to add the draw strings along the top edge. I didn't have any "chainette cord" that the pattern called for or even anything else that I thought would be suitable. You can't really see it well, but I did quilt it with silver metallic thread. I will post one more picture once it is completely finished - then I think I will give it to my Mom as a gift for Christmas.
This has really been a great experience! I've loved being part of this challenge.
Maureen in Texas