Monday, December 29, 2008

One to Share ~

When I was updating my 2008 quilt journal, I re-discovered the photos of Geese at Sunset ~ completed early last summer.  

The geese and borders are scrappy black and whites.  The sky fabric had incredible flowers in every shade of yellow/orange/red (technically not "one color" but truly one fabric).  I came up with the non-traditional borders and pieced the offset diamonds from the leftover sky corner triangles.  

Over the weekend, I started cutting pieces for my first "official" challenge quilt ~ hope to post photos in a week or so...

10 comments:

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh...this is sooo WILD and CRAZY and I LOVE it!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love it! I have chosen orange as my color for my 1st project. Yours is absolutely gorgeous!!

Shari said...

What a striking quilt! Very effective...

Kritta22 said...

I would love to see a big picture of this! It's so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Glorious - my sort of colours

Anonymous said...

I love these colors! I wish I knew how to quilt - I'd love to create works of art like this.

Happy Holidays!

annemariesquilt said...

Wow lovely, realy..
I love it.........

Carla said...

Very lovely! I would love to see a big photo of it.

Marianne said...

Great quilt!!!

Quilts by Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, Julie, it's absolutely beautiful. I love the bright yellow/orange colors. SWEET!