Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Count Me In!

Hello! I am SO excited to be joining you!

My name is Doris, in Des Moines, I'm a quilter of about ten years now, a sew-ist for 20+ years thanks to Mom, and I already have my project...I first blogged about it here, in July. I think my third color will end up being lime green (my favorite!), a deep aqua, or hot pink, so undecided still! But the B&W fabric and pattern idea are ready to go!I will be jumping into this project as soon as all those Christmas projects are finished!

Thanks for the invite, Jackie!

Doris
www.threadsofconversation.blogspot.com

9 comments:

Miri said...

I love the dress form fabric! A kaleideoscope quilt in b&w will look great-I love the idea of a modern tilt on a tradition pattern.

Browndirtcottage said...

welcome to 'THE' group....yeh....this is where it's going to be happening...looks like you're doing what i've been doing...playing...thinking...it's going to be fun!

Unknown said...

You are so welcome!! I love the Dress Form fabric too! I did a B & W Quilt with Lime and one with hot pink. I love them both. I can't wait to see yours!

Unknown said...

I was unsure as to whether or not I could (or should) join in this challenge - but in reading these recent posts it looks like the list may still be open - it that's the case please Jackie can I join in I've got some black and white fabrics that I'd love to juse up from my stash for some 'wee' project
thanks
Ethne
flamingstitches.blogspot.com

Shari said...

I love the dress form fabric too! What fun! I'm going to pop over and check out your blog!
Cheers

Anina said...

Lovely fabrics, especially the dress form fabric. I really should get out there and grab some black and whites.

Kritta22 said...

I'm so glad you came to play with with us!! I'm excited to see what you will make.

Anonymous said...

Love the dress manaquin fabric! Your quilt should look stunning.

I thought up a design last night (head was whirring with ideas) but I'll have to write it down so I don't forget over christmas.

Marianne said...

LOL, the way you began your post reminded me of those jump rope songs we used to sing in grade school, "My name is Delores, and I'm from Des Moines," and I sew Dresses! Welcome to our group!