Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snowballs














Hey All!

I am so excited to get working on this project. A few weeks back from I ordered the Califon Collection by Mark Lipinski. ChristaQuilts! was having a sale so I got a 13 fat quarter set plus some yardage. Dear friends were married in October so this project is for them.

There is a r/w/b quilt on the current issue of Quilting that has me intrigued. It is called "So Many Snowballs." I think with the triangles being reds and the main pieces being the Califon, it would make for an amazingly modern project. We shall see... all in good time. I have a TON of other projects but hope to get this at leased cut before January is over.

Babs

6 comments:

Lisa said...

My quilt for this challenge is going to be a wedding quilt/gift also. Their wedding colors are red and black so my wedding quilt will be the same colors as yours! Funny. I am looking forward to seeing pictures as you go.

I like the picture of the quilt on the sleigh. (The other one is just a box with an x in it- maybe my settings?)

Kritta22 said...

I love that quilt! I was going to make it. I bought the magazine just for it!!

Canarella said...

Love the quilt in the sleigh....now I need to go find the magazine

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I saw that quit too! and loved it!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great pattern choice!! I considered it, too.

Toni said...

how awsome!! I too am using Mark's line and almost done with mine! Yours sounds like it's going to be beautiful!