Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wonky Cat became a Bag

I wrote a whilte ago about a quilt I was trying out with mice and cats. The blocks were supposed to be wonky but I wasn't happy with the wonkiness and decided that it wasn't quite right for a quilt. However, I hate waste and couldn't bare the thought of my blocks sitting in a drawer for months so I decided to make a simple bag that would be useful for a quilter.


This is the end result and marks my first project in black and white. The bag is long enough and wide enough to carry a quiltingruler that measures 6" x 12 ", a rotary cutter and fabric scissors. I didn't have a pattern but simply made it up as I went along.

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

What fun! Of course, I love cats and mice...

Unknown said...

Terrific! I just love cats in anything and this is great!

Desiree said...

Great idea!

Carla said...

I think it turned out great!

Maggi said...

Gorgeous bag and so useful too.

Shari said...

This so totally works! What a great way to use sample blocks. Hope you can still use the mouse and kitty fabric in something else!