Sunday, January 11, 2009

A little step forward

Finally I had made a little step forward. Yesterday on Sunday morning I've already cut pieces for block, border and binding and prepare block components. I plan to use just one basic 16" block. Since I made up my mind to make a twin size bed cover so I think I need 20 blocks. I made strip sets by sewing each group of five strips together. If I have done this I'll cross cut each strip set into 2 or 3 and then arrange blocks by rotating and rearranging as needed to make good dispersion of color.

I found this pattern from Free Quilt Pattern website. For those who's a truly beginner like me should check this website. Really helpful!

9 comments:

Kritta22 said...

I love those black and white fabrics!!!

Unknown said...

What you have done so far looks terrific!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the soft pinks with the black and white!

Carla said...

Very pretty! Would really like to have the name of the website and a link to check out!

henny said...

Carla,
I've put the link, just click on the name. Sorry, I forgot to put it before.

Sara said...

You are off to a great start! Good job!

Marianne said...

The pink looks great!

Anina said...

Oh my! I think I may just have to make black, white, and pink quilt.
Beautiful!

The Calico Cat said...

Those pinks are so subtle - very nice! (I have a B&W UFO that uses a HOT Pink & Lime Green!)