Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I've started


I chose a pattern and color and made a few test blocks to see how I like it and I love it. The blocks are four inches. I've put it aside to work on something else, but the fabrics are still sitting on my ironing board, so I will get back to it soon. I'm thinking of using it for a quilt for my now nine month old grandson.

Sorry, I still have not taken a photo of my over ten year old black and white and yellow WIP (ok, UFO). I haven't even looked at it. When I get the nerve to unroll it, one of these days, I'll post a photo. I still plan to use this challenge as an incentive to finish it, but, hey, I have a whole year!

Debbie

11 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the movement in your blocks.

Kritta22 said...

I totally love this! Did you follow a pattern?

henny said...

Do you plan to use all the 6 blocks or just pick one ? I love the first row in the middle.

Unknown said...

I love the color with the B & W, great choice. Looking forward to seeing your "older" quilt pictures.

Shanna said...

Wow, very nice! I love the way they flow together!

Messy Karen said...

i like this.

Sara said...

Love the contrast! I just came across this block on another blog and had decided to use it in a swap I am in. Great minds!

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love the teal with the black and white. It's really pretty!

Debbie said...

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone!

Kritta22 asked if I followed a pattern. Like Sara, I saw a photo of a quilt someone made with this pattern on a blog, I don't remember where. I realized that it's simply made double four patch blocks.

Henny asked if I'm choosing one block. No, I'm making the quilt a controlled scrappy. Using mostly different fabrics for the black and white. Some will be repeated. The turquoise/teal will be repeated more often, as I don't have as many different fabrics.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

So wish I had the time to quilt...they are just beautiful. One day ~~sigh~~
Susan

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!