Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January Journal quilt

I am taking part in the IFQ  Journal Quilt challenge and so have decided to do a bit of combining with that and with this challenge and also with my determination to really get to grips with Photoshop this year. I intend to write the process on the back of the quilts and then make a book of them for reference which is why the edges are scruffy. I don't want to bind them because they will be bulky so satin stitched around this one but the fabric is very bad for fraying. If anyone out there has any suggestions for a bulkless binding I would certainly appreciate the advice. Somewhere along the way all these different experiments  will inspire me towards a finished piece, with lots of fun along the way.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Would tucking under the edge making a rolled hem of sorts help out? I don't know if that would be to bulky though. You could possibly use bais tape too.

Shannon said...

Thanks for stopping by and the vote of confindence.

The real thing that may push me over the edge is that I think I lost my IPod today. I think I had it in my pocket, but I couldn't find it when I got to work.

I love your blog. I'll be back!

Shari said...

Very classy but not sure about the edges.