Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Help!!

This is the red fabric I'm using for the Red Delicious apple core quilt.

I had only an FQ of it. Unfortunately, there's no selvage on the FQ and so I have no information about it -- the manufacturer, the name of the design, nothing. As my plan is to keep the red the one constant in the apple core quilt, I'd really like to find out any information I can about this fabric so that I can try to find a bit more of it. If you click on the photo, you'll see the close-up and lots of detail. I'm hoping that someone will recognize the print and hopefully have the details on it.

I'd really appreciate any information about it that would help! Thanks!

Update: A piece of this fabric has been found and is on its way to me. The blogging community is amazing!! It is a Kaufman print called Oriental Traditions. Thank you everyone for your assistance!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Can you take it to where you bought it and ask them?

Messy Karen said...

don't know. but that's going to make a great accent to your quilt.

Cathi said...

Margaret, if I could remember where I got it that would help but I haven't got a clue!

Doris said...

It sort of looks like a Lonni Rossi fabric, but I really think it is from a Robert Kaufman 2006 line called Memories of China or Memoirs from China, or something like that. I might have something at home that I can check tonight that would give me the correct name of the pattern.

Carla said...

I recognized it too but couldn't think of it. Glad you found out.

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely fabric - glad you found some more!