Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bento Box in Progress

I have started on my bento box quilt for the challenge.

It is proving a very easy block to sew but I still manage to twist pieces around and they turn out wrong so I have needed to do some reverse sewing on a few blocks.

Here is one row of four blocks. I think I will end up doing 3 rows of 4. Not quite sure I will wait and see how it looks. Sort of make it up as I go kinda thing.
I have had to purchase some more 1/4 cuts to add some more variety into the quilt.


This is the third colour I have chosen and I will be using it in the border only. I will be adding a strip of the black and whites in a checkerboard strip in the centre. A fairly simple idea. Hope it looks okay.

I am very happy with how it is turning out so far and enjoying the simple pattern. The differing contrasts between the fabrics amaze me and how that only 2 colours can work so well and look very graphic and dramatic.
Have fun cre8ting.
~ Bye for now, from Liz ~

16 comments:

Unknown said...

The Bento Box quilt looks fabulous! And I love that turquoise fabric. In fact, I have that same fabric. My daughter grabbed it out of my stash the other day and asked me to make a B &W quilt with that color too!

Maggie A said...

It's looking great. Oh dear, another one I want to make.

Shari said...

It's looking pretty good so far. Can't wait to see the blue/turquoise with it.

Maggi said...

I just love the turquoise fabric, it will look so good with the black and white.

Carla said...

I love it. The blue is very pretty and will really set it off. I'm trying to draft the pattern. It looks easy and I don't want to spend the money for the pattern when it could go for fabric LOL

rachel griffith said...

oh it looks great!!!
i love the teal!!!
i can't wait to see it come together with the black & white.

Desiree said...

Your quilt is going to be great! I have one of these, made from homespun fabrics and machine appliqued instead of pieced and I LOVE it. It is awesome.

Can't wait to see yours done!!

Sara said...

I really love this! I am going to make a mini of this! Thanks for the idea!

Canarella said...

It looks great I really do need to post my pictures today...Lani

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh Liz I love the black/white in a bento box pattern. Fabulous.

Marianne said...

I did a bento box using Asian fabrics, it is such a fun pattern. I so love it done with black and whites!

Kritta22 said...

That looks so great! Nice work~!

Kerri said...

love it!! can't wait to see what it looks like with the border!

Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Black & White quilts can be so striking. I love the Bento Box!

Rhonda said...

I love the Bento Box blocks. Great decision!

henny said...

Wow... I love your blocks and the turquoise is awesome!