Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy to Be Here ~

Thanks, Jackie ~ I'm happy to be a part of this challenge!  I've long had a photo of my black and white stash in the sidebar album of my blog ~ "Quilty Projects Waiting for Attention" ~ and this will be just the motivation I need to get busy and make this quilt for myself.

I've made two B&W quilts before . . . The first was Deeper Than the Stars, which was made for the Alzheimer's Foundation of America's Quilt to Remember project.  I recently posted about this quilt on my blog.

The second was Juxtaposition (shown above).  Made as a birthday gift for a dear family friend, I used the love-it-or-hate-it Yellow Brick Road pattern so that the focus would be on the fabrics instead of intricate piecing. The very narrow green flange was my first attempt at the technique ~ and I (& our friend) love the results.

I do have a plan for my challenge quilt ~ it won't happen until after the first of the year ~ but it WILL happen in 2009.

Looking forward to watching as ya'll share your work here! 

Quiltdivajulie

3 comments:

Betsy said...

very nice

Unknown said...

Love your lime added to the quilt. I just finished one with lime. It is posted on this blog, along with some other black and white quilts and also on my blog in my last post. I love your Alzheimer's quilt. And to top it off you have a black and white kitty. We used to have a Black and white Kitty he died at the age of 17. Now we have a black kitty with a teeny bit of white on the underside of her paw. I can't wait to see what you come up with and Welcome to the challenge.

Kritta22 said...

Wow I LOVE that border. Where did you learn to do that? Was it terribly hard? It adds such a great touch!