So I got this fantastic striped fabric, onsale last month. I am using this to make a literal ton of HST's for a border. I made over 150 of these only to find that it was not quite enough.
They are going together in strips like this and make up the last border (1.5") on my lap quilt. What you can't detect is that that quilt (below) is actually in 3 pieces so that I can machine quilt it. I have actually quilted one of the sections, but have not yet photographed it. I made a quilt at Christmastime like this and it worked very well. It was completely indistinguishable that it was made in pieces. I am hoping to quilt one section every couple weeks. It is tedious quilting, and quite honestly, I have lost steam on this quilt and have refocused my interests elsewhere. I will finish it soon though!