Friday, March 13, 2009

Baby's play quilt by Grandma



I don't think my quilt fits the guidelines of black and white with only one other color. All of the fabric used to make the squares were black and white prints. There are cats and dogs, cow splotches, sheet music print, checked flag print, african animals, stripes, and polka dots. I used orange for the paririe points and began the sashing. I ran out, used a coordinating yellow from the stash. The unusal shape by the date is a butterfly. Its wings are moveable. Also added are grosgrain ribbon used to attach toys to the quilt.
But after completing I realized that a bit of green, yellow, and blue crept in also.
The chick with attitude was handpainted by BIL. The book and teethers were purchased from a local discount chain specifically to add to the quilt.
As you can see, the baby loves this quilt. His grandpa refuses to call the Prairie Points, "Prairie Points"---they are "Dinosaur Edges".

3 comments:

Miri said...

Wonderful baby quilt...adorable baby!

Surinder Kumar said...

hi.... nice blog..
plz chk my blog and sign in

http://www.surinder-gurdaspuria.blogspot.com/

Krista said...

Ur kidding me? These r the cutest ever!

Krista