Sunday, November 30, 2008

Betty Boop Goes to Hollywood

I was browsing through my picture files yesterday and found this quilt. I forgot all about it. I made it for a very dear friend's daughter for her college graduation. She was a film major with aspirations of working in Hollywood.

She loves Betty Boop and her favorite colors are black, white, and red. I fussy cut the centers of the squares to show Betty. The fabric was printed like film strips. I decided on squares to mimic the frames on the film strip. Many times I buy the fabric and let it sit for a while until it "speaks" to me.

~Piecefully, Stephanie

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun quilt!! Definitely a Black, White and Third color quilt!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh stephanie it is "speaking to me" how wonderful and what a luck lady to recieve that quilt!!

Kritta22 said...

WOW!! That's amazing!!

henny said...

Trully WONDERFUL!! I wish I were your friend's daughter..:)

Kucki68 said...

I had to smile when I saw your quilt because I am currently working on one with that Betty Boop print. Mine will be a Ohio Star and Rails, but it needs some more work.

rachel griffith said...

omg stephanie...how stinkin' cute is that???

:D